Hello all,
Something I'm chewing on:
p52 "The gladius sinks in the water."
Oh hey, that's right! There's a flood in this play.
All design elements really have to communicate for this to be as creative and spectacular as I know we can make it.
One thought I have is for a fishing net (with seaweed, etc attached) to lift slowly, eventually over the actors heads. Or, no net - just sound and light and huge ass wind machine. And we give all the audience members little bubble wands, like you get as wedding favors, to blow bubbles at the actors...
Okay, maybe not that last one...
Thoughts?
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I saw a show where, for most of the piece, the stage was covered by a big billowing piece of silk. At the very end of the show, the whole piece was sucked down into a tiny hole in a trap door after all of the actors disappeared off the sides, sort of like a draining bathtub. Would there be a way to reverse this process? I can only think of using wires to pull it out, but I think that would get in the actors way. Anyway, thought I'd throw it out there.
Thanks, Heidi!
What was the name of this artist?
Phillipe Genty. I don't remember the name of the show though. I'll do some digging and see if I can find it.
That is a really cool idea. Not sure how to do it in reverse and with out traps, but still worth thinking about.
Post a Comment