Costume Design Questions.
In the 1st act scenes 5 and 6, the characters Lupe, Frida, Denise, La Llorona, and Malinche start to lactate. Are the breasts going to physically lactate or are the actors going to express lactation in acting styles?
Staying on the topic of act 1 scene 6, for the same characters. They all get suddenly 9 months pregnant, and in the same scene they also give birth. I'm wondering if it is going to be some physical transformation, or using acting to portray that they are pregnant?
In the 2nd act, scene Leo is omitted. how is this going to work out? are we going to still have the wedding, home, and dinner party scenes but just not have the character of Leo present but in notion. Or are those scenes going to be rewrote and revised.
Over the span of the 2nd act, the character of the baby grows in increments. How do you plan that this will unfold. An idea- to just switch out the clothing to determine age.
I'm going to post pictures of my research soon. I look forward to working with all of you on our journey in Living Purgatory.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
These are some excellent questions. You probably have had some of them answered already since you've received the latest draft. I'm not sure what Michael is thinking but i would LOVE to see the women really lactate on stage. I am not very imaginative when it comes to stuff like that so if it's not possible then i will understand but if we can make the breasts lactate and the stomachs grow in a sort of black out, that is what i would prefer. Also, now that i am touching up dialogue and fixing problems in the script, I think making sure that the dialogue expresses these things is a must.
As you already know the dinner party is gone and so is the wedding scene.
I was hoping that the age of the baby would be determined by the size of the puppet but it is probably too much to ask to make 3 or 4 puppets. I think clothing is a good determination. Also, the slides, if we are allowed to use them, would be a helpful indication of baby's age.
Great questions! Thanks
Hey Aimee, as i am working on the latest draft of living purgatory, it is becoming very clear that the women do not need to show physical signs of pregnancy at all. You were totally right on in thinking that this could be done physically and through the dialogue. Sorry for the mix up. Even the lactating can be mimed. okay, c u soon
Post a Comment